Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Poem for a Special Friend


A Poem

For a Special Friend...
Sometimes it’s hard for you to see
Just how amazing you are
Your kindness comes from Him above
Straight from your great big heart

God has made you so beautiful
You’re truly a masterpiece
He formed you to be who you are
And His love for you runs so deep

When I think of someone dear to me,
You’re the first that comes to mind
You probably don’t know the depth of joy
Your life brings to mine

I thank the Lord for you, my friend
For the time you’ve spent on your knees
For all of your encouragement
And for the strength it’s brought to me

I’ve wondered why on many occasions
Why God would bless me with you
Not too many people, you see
Have a friend as wonderful as you

When I think of you and the fun we’ve shared
It always makes me smile
I’m thankful for a friend like you
Who goes the extra mile

You’ve blessed many lives with your heart to give
And with your deep love you show
The greatness of our heavenly Dad
So others will come to know

You probably won’t realize while you’re on this earth
How many hearts God has touched
Through your life, my beautiful friend
Your life that means so much

So thank you, friend, thanks a bunch
For being just who you are
For God has made you extra awesome
And with you He’s touched my heart J

No comments:

Post a Comment